Tuesday 1 May 2012

Am I a hipster?


I’ve decided to get a loop frame bicycle. According to the BF this makes me a hipster.
Really?
According to him:
Girl hipster bikes are the dutch-style loop framed bikes, like Pashleys. They’re the sort of bike Zooey Deschannel would have, if she cycled.
Guy hipster bikes are fixed speed ones, that they use for racing on the tracks, with no brakes. I had never heard of this kind of bicycle before, and they sound petrifying. Hipsters ride scary bikes? Who knew?
And if a girl REALLY wants to be a hipster, she could ride a fixed gear.
But I don’t quite understand this. What if you’re just a girl who wants to ride her bike in normal clothes, like dresses? And likes old things?
Plus, apparently dutch bikes are getting super popular lately. If I were a hipster, surely I would be really glum about this, because it would mean I’m not as special as I’d like to be, instead of rejoicing at the fact that it makes them easier to attain?
I can’t be a hipster, I like Taylor Swift too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment