Saturday 25 August 2012

Broken brake cables and other minor disasters

My brake cable broke! Disaster!
While getting my bicycle out of the car, I noticed the lever was a bit flimsy, and not really working.
I investigated, and pulled out the brake cable to see what was the matter.
By the looks of it, I have been spending the last five months using a thin line of rust to stop me from hurtling into traffic, people and stray animals.
Huh.
I took it out and replaced the brake cable with the one from my dad's mountain bike. Now he's the one who can't stop!



Another thing that went not-according-to-plan recently was that I fell off Caprice. It was slippery, and I was on autopilot, whipping around a corner in a hurry to get out of the rain, and she just vanished from beneath me.
Very embarrassing.
There was a passing family who checked that I was alright, which I was apart from a bruise the size of Asia. The little boy, who can't have been more than about four asked if I wanted him to give me bike riding lessons.
Thanks, dude.



Other than that there's been a good few weeks commuting to my super busy new job. Loads of people at work cycle too, which I guess happens when your work place is at the end of a cycle route and there is no car parking available. At least a quarter of us have cycled to work, and I get asked about it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment